The Technician will be responsible for supporting Chemical Technicians for day-to-day operations in a PSM-Compliant Chemical Plant. Essential Responsibilities:
In addition you will:
• Assist and support set-up and tear-down of chemical equipment in a high-volume, batch production environment
• Responsible for re-build of chemical process components
• Package and move finished materials to shipment area
• Conduct routine maintenance and operation of process systems and equipment across assigned process zone and occasionally in cross functional areas
• Conduct work practices with safety and quality in mind in a 24/7 production environment
• Complete required business and regulatory process documentation
• -Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work environment
• Be responsible for ensuring facility equipment and inventory/consumable levels are accurate
• Participate and actively engage in quality and continuous improvement projects
• Communicate effectively with peers, management, & external stakeholders
• Must be able to work in second shift/night shifts.
• Utilize business software such as ERP and quality/EHS software
• Other duties as assigned Qualifications/Requirements:
• Minimum 1 year experience in related field (manufacturing/production environment)
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
• 18 years or older
• This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
• Ability and willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, flame resistant clothing and safety shoes.
• Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
• Ability to work in a tobacco free environment
• Ability and willingness to work both 2nd and 3rd shift or 12 hour shifts on day or night shift.
• Ability and willingness to work overtime as required
• Attend and successfully pass a state sponsored pre-employment training class
• Ability and willingness to work off/varied shift/weekends, as required Desired Characteristics:
• 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment
• Mechanical/Electrical aptitude
• Ability to analyze problems, identify issues and provide efficient solutions
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team goals About Us:
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Locations:
United States; Alabama; Huntsville