Location(s): United States; California; Greater LA
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The ÄKTA Sales Specialist is responsible for driving the sales and profit of a defined product range, focused on increasing revenue by generating sales from new and existing customers through providing specialist knowledge of the product range. The product range is ÄKTA chromatography systems and media for protein purification. The role will require the individual to collaborate within a matrix sales environment.
Essential Responsibilities: • Is accountable to achieve orders and sales target for ÄKTA product portfolio in the assigned territory
• Forecast orders and sales within the applicable sales funnel tools and reports for their products in their assigned territory.
• Create business plans for territory/assigned accounts including, but not limited to opportunity development, competitive strategies, and targets.
• Build strong business relationships and formulate account strategies and plans for the product range to continuously strengthen relationships within the assigned accounts/ territory.
• Identify & respond to key account technical and departmental decision makers’ needs.
• Continuously develop a network of key decision makers within the assigned territory.
• Track and communicate market trends to/from the field including competitor data, and develop and lead towards a sustainable competitive advantage.
• Maintain up to date detailed knowledge of their product. Can present and discuss the technology and benefits in terms which are relevant to customers.
• Maintain up to date market and competitor knowledge related to their product/solutions/services.
• Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities working with Account manager and other Sales Specialists to obtain maximum cooperation across the business focused on the protein sciences workflow.
• Continuously update their understanding the customers changing operational issues and challenges.
• Execute successful product demonstrations, internal and external training, seminars, workshops, and promotional activities.
• Differentiate assigned product offering during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using GE resources and approved product marketing and product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision-making process towards a successful outcome for GE.
• Contribute to account plans where applicable at accounts covered by account managers.
• Continuously educate and coach account team members on their product strategy and offerings.
• Collaborate with and leverage subject matter experts and other resources within GEHC channels to build relationships and secure business.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Education: BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering and/or BS/BA with relevant experience in Life Sciences
• Sales Experience: 3-5 years successful commercial experience, including but not limited to sales, marketing, technical support, field applications support.
• Sales Training Experience: Commercial Selling Skills Training
• Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office/Outlook
• Fluency and effective speaking skills in relevant local language
• Open to overnight travel
• Willingness to maintain a home office
• Self-motivated and well organized
• Team Player
• To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving records.
• Must submit to drug screen and background investigation on hire
• Must be willing to live and work within the greater Los Angeles area. Territory includes the California counties of Los Angeles, Ventura, Riverside, and San Bernardino as well as the states of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona.
Desired Characteristics: • MBA, PhD or advanced degree
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.