Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Hungary ; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Staff Network Operations Engineer will enable GE to transition application workloads closer to the edge of the enterprise network by designing, implementing and supporting advanced network solutions. They will contribute to GE’s edge network strategy and implement these initiatives as part of the externalization of one of the largest commercial networks in the world.
Essential Responsibilities: The successful candidate will:
• Participate with Corporate CTO organization to architect, design, implement and support network security services for Shared Networking Services in data center and enterprise LAN environments
• Provide core competencies in complex enterprise local area networking, multi-protocol network transport techniques, LAN switches and Layer 4-7 content switching and firewalls • Provide subject matter expertise in all secure network services to support the GE business team
• Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization including SMEs, Principal Technologist, CTO, CIOs, etc • Review new design and architecture standards. Provide input to enhance quality ensuring standards can be supported operationally
• Provide L3 network build support for GE’s WAN and Enterprise LAN environment.
• Proactive health, capacity, failover planning and obsolescence management in the edge network.
• Leading programs focused on improving the automation, performance and availability of our LAN/WAN environments
• Leading critical network build projects from engagement till hand over to support.
• Leading the change planning / scripting / implementation of high profile changes.
• Leading the follow up and investigative actions for systemic problems in the environment.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience • Strong experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure
• Strong experience in a primary design, architecture or support role in network infrastructure
• CISCO CCNP/CCDP
Desired Characteristics: o Network Certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CISSP, CCDE. Similar certifications in areas related to network virtualization, security or internetworking solutions also a plus
o Communication and collaboration to solve problems with global peers across various functions
o Tenacious problem solver demonstrating an innate curiosity and passion for solving difficult problems
o Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
o Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.