Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Human Resources Manager that will be supporting manufacturing and services and be based at the BHGE facility in Denver, CO. The Human Resource Manager is the first point of contact for assigned BHGE managers and employees, to provide advice, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. This role is critical in executing our region wide initiatives, providing available and responsive internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
This role will report to a Sr. Human Resources Manager and be part of a pooled resource team supporting a client group of approximately 350 employees across one or more locations.
- Provide dedicated support and guidance to HR Business Partners, managers and employees in O&G with specific focus on HR fundamentals including: Employee advocacy / engagement, HR policy / procedure training, employee relations management, performance management, recruitment, compensation, and workplace investigations
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues
- Be an integral part of the local leadership team(s) and provide input and guidance into site actions and initiatives from an HR perspective
- Liaise with the centralized Staffing Center of Excellence (CoE); Facilitate the staffing and recruiting processes and be the local HR point of contact for tracking and coordinating project staffing activities
- Coordinate local compliance initiatives
- Partner with HR Operations and HRBP’s as appropriate to address manager and employee inquires
- Analyze and interpret data as required to support HR strategy in core functional areas (retention, recruitment, compliance, diversity, etc.)
- Partner with HRMs and O&TD professionals to execute business-specific HR strategies
- Ensure that routine and complex employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated & resolved
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance
- Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like Performance Development (PD), Talent Reviews, Salary Planning and New Employee Orientations as applicable
- Conduct investigations including gathering, preserving, documenting and analyzing all available information and evidence, and in some circumstances, making recommendations to the business on disciplinary action
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
- Provide coaching and mentorship to HR Operations Specialists
- Lead other site-wide HR projects as necessary, working across multiple client groups
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a client facing Human Resources position
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Human Resources from an accredited college or university
- GE HRLP Graduate or graduate of a similar program
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in an HR specialty area (GME, Immigration, Staffing, Payroll/Benefits, etc.)
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
- Comfortable with high volume workload and able to manage multiple priorities
- Not afraid to "roll up your sleeves" and get involved in details
- Strong internal and external customer service focus, with a genuine desire to assist others
- Strong project management and complex problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills and facilitation experience, needed to effectively deliver a variety of HR-related training programs to groups of managers / colleagues
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented (especially with regard to effectively managing and documenting employee relations issues and investigations)
- Certification with a recognized professional HR organization / institute
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more