Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Hungary ; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
Essential Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, designing, and implementing automated solutions and quality initiatives for programs within GE. You will integrate into application development teams, implement, execute automated solutions, and analyze results for all test levels.
Testing Center of Excellence within GE Digital is a shared services team comprised of people, processes, technologies and best practices tied together to help GE businesses build quality into their software.
Being part of this team will allow you to work with several GE businesses, learn the business requirements, customer needs and technologies. This position provides the opportunity to develop your technical skills, use latest, state of the art technologies, grow communication skills, improve testing processes, learn and share best practices across teams.
• Serve as a lead technical expert on application development team.
• Cooperate with project teams to translate technical requirements into automated test solutions.
• Plan, design and implement automated solutions and testing for key software programs.
• Drive, review and apply test engineering concepts and quality into project team roadmaps and schedules.
• Document test requirements, test plans, and test specifications in close collaboration with application project managers.
• Investigate and debug complex application and test issues.
• Report and document system problems.
• Provide system support for respective business unit.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's degree (or equivalent working experience) with IT experience
• Experience in automation test design, plan, execution, and debugging
• Experience in a major programming language such as Java, C#, or Visual Basic .NET
• Experience with application testing and test automation tools such as Selenium or HP QTP/UFT
• Experience with application life cycle management tools such as Jira, Rally or HP ALM
Desired Characteristics: • Experience working with offshore development teams.
• Database experience including basic design and SQL queries
• Working knowledge of SDLC including agile and waterfall development practices.
• Experience in Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
• Experience with financial systems including trades, banking, line of credit, etc.
• Experience with performance testing tools such as JMeter, HP Load Runner
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.