Location(s): United States ; Massachusetts; Marlborough
About Us: FlexFactory is a modular, configurable biomanufacturing platform enabling pharmaceutical organizations to quickly attain scalable and cost-efficient manufacturing of monoclonal antibodies, vaccines and other advanced biological drugs. The FlexFactory product reduces operational costs and increases manufacturing flexibility with single-use bioprocessing technology. World-class automation is required to fully leverage benefits of integrated production operations within FlexFactories.
GE Healthcare Life Sciences provides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people. Through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system.
We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what’s needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow.
We add value to our customers by:
• Providing cutting-edge research tools that give deeper insights into cell function to enable disease diagnosis and the development of treatments.
• Enabling manufacturing productivity: we provide solutions for the entire bioprocess workflow (i.e. start-to-finish bioprocessing) helping our customers to develop and manufacture biopharmaceuticals more efficiently.
• Providing high quality support and maintenance services.
We are the home of many famous brands, including Whatman, Amersham, Biacore,WAVE, Applied Precision, Xcellerex and more.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Automation Engineer will provide technical support in the design, development, and application of process automation systems. This role will identify requirements and develop functional and design specifications for all components for process automation system, both hardware and software. This role will also provide technical support and design of interfaces to ensure that the process automation system integrates with the customer’s enterprise system.
Essential Responsibilities: • Lead the definition of detailed requirements for automation projects, both internally and with external customers, for FlexFactory and related products.
• Support the definition of standards, vendor preferences, equipment data sheets, reporting and information needs through established practices to forming design strategies.
• Perform the detailed design for projects by converting engineering and system design into purchase requisitions, drawings, panel designs, and installation details consistent with the specification and functional descriptions
• Establishing process automation system test plans in order to determine compliance with functional requirements
• Establishing methods and processes to deploy, install, and configure customer-specific control and network strategies
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Control FDRs and NPI program milestones
• Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
• 5+ years of technical experience in pharmaceutical or equivalent automated process industries
• Demonstrated experience in network design of Emerson DeltaV Process Automation Systems
• Experience at biotech/pharma commercial manufacturing facility in automation role
• Comprehensive understanding and strong hands-on development experience of application development and system/hardware integration.
• Ability to work together and communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to develop simple approaches to solve complex design problems.
• Ability to make an impact, understands complex issues, and can clearly communicate with technology and business leaders.
• Must be willing to travel (<20%)
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Westborough/Marlborough, MA
Desired Characteristics: • Demonstrated technical leadership capability in integration environment
• Self-starter, energizing, results oriented and able to multi-task
• Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
• Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Global project experience
• Knowledge of UL/ETL/IEC standards and how they apply to designs
• Experience with regulated industries (GMP, GAMP)
Locations: United States ; Massachusetts; Marlborough
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.