GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
The Senior Data Architect is a key thought leader responsible for driving an ingestion strategy for the Finance IT Data Lake platforms and services by applying strong ERP Finance knowledge on AP, AR, GL, Fixed Assets, etc. with formal data architecture techniques. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders, infrastructure partners and analytics developers to ingest GE ERP/Enterprise Systems platforms and provide consistent, clean and accurate enterprise data to GE customers. Essential Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain an integrated data architecture spanning the relational and Big Data landscape, representing the multitude of GE Finance IT functional areas and key business processes including AP, AR, GL, Cash, Order Management, Project Accounting etc.
• Drive the development of data services and maintain the data architectural artifacts, such as the Conceptual Model, Logical Data Model, and Physical Data Models as applicable
• Provide technical thought leadership on High Level Architecture and Design, data modeling, Big Data strategy & adoption for Ingestion and Analytics Applications within the Finance IT domain
• Ensure that all measures for data quality, data governance, security and compliance of data are adhered to
• Drive the overall mapping of Business ERPs with the centralized standard data model and ensure extensibility of overall data architecture
• Work with Business Analysts, Product Owners, and Business SME to identify requirements and consolidate enterprise data model consistent with business processes
• Prioritize and scale DWH Architecture efforts in close coordination with Software COE and other Finance IT stakeholders
• Have the ability to see the big picture with a demonstration of strong business acumen
• Able to communicate to both highly technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively
• Analyze, design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture environment.
• Drive innovative and creative solutions to decommission traditional warehouses and drive cutting-edge analytics from the Data Lake. Qualifications/Requirements:
•Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Management or Engineering or equivalent
• Strong experience as a techno-functional senior ERP consultant with a background in Finance, Supply Chain modules including AP, AR, GL, Cash, Order Management, Accounting etc;
• Previous experience with Oracle/SAP ERP implementations.
• Strong experience in enterprise environment with data management and/or analytics responsibilities
• Proven hands-on experience with Functional/Conceptual data modeling in an OLTP/OLAP environment
• Prior experience leading a global team of architects and developers in a fast-paced matrix environment.
• Prior exposure to Big Data technologies like HDFS, Greenplum, Talend etc., high volume data processing and performance optimization in a real-time data environment. Desired Characteristics:
• Confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of
personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to articulate technical concepts in non-technical terms that appeal to business stakeholders