GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Responsible for providing mechanics for new equipment room layouts in customer facilities. May work independently or in conjunction with Installation Specialists. Make required calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, material/component selection, and type of construction. Works from specifications as to product requirements. Provides design solutions that meet standards for reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and customer requirements. Essential Responsibilities:
- Produce drawings, layouts, and diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts, and verbal instructions.
- Work with Installation Specialists and Project Managers of Installation to capture and produce a design that captures all product requirements for either new or existing equipment installations.
- Use computer assisted design and drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Establish design standards, procedures and techniques to produce high reliability products (e.g., Design for Manufacturability, Design for Testability).
- Verify that all drawings convey accurate information.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is complete such as engineering prints, bills of materials, and related product specifications to allow successful transfer to service.
- Work directly with different business functions and team members to meet serviceability, functional, and time requirements.
- Comply with EHS regulations and policies.
- Fluent English and Turkish language knowledge
- Associate degree in Electronics or a technical degree from a recognized CAD training facility; or minimum of two years of design or drafting experience while possessing a high school degree/equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to design conceptual models by using computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software, as well as being able to perform design analysis.
- Ability to receive and transmit drawings electronically.
- Demonstrated computer skill in both Microsoft Office and with Computer Assisted Design software and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and defining customer requirements.
- Excellent problem solving abilities using analytical skills.
- Takes initiative to contribute in design review meetings.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information.
- Ability to communicate using local language.
- Experience working with cross functional teams.
- Ability to meet reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets.
- If needed, able to interact with vendors and customers on equipment installation issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Drafting, or a related field and some relevant design experience.
- Design experience with medical products, global teams, and working in a medically regulated industry.
- Knowledge of GEHC tools and processes.
- Ability to learn new graphic software programs.
- Ability to develop unique concepts and solutions for complex products.
- Excellent team player that easily adjusts to changing requests and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively balance and prioritize issues.