GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the testing function at GE Aviation Systems in Cheltenham. The successful candidate will be working on GE Aviation Systems cutting edge products to be used on the next generation of aircraft. As a Qualification Engineer you will be responsible for the set-up and execution and reporting of qualification tests. You will demonstrate independence and sound technical judgment in identifying problems and formulate solutions.
Continuation of Role Summary/Purpose
You will take an innovative approach to problem-solving and share technical knowledge with others in the group, team and across the organization.
Perform qualification testing on products to include : Qualifications/Requirements:
• Vibration Testing
• Temperature Testing
• Electrical Power variations
• Enable projects to enter qualification on time and meet schedules requirements
• Support shift work where necessary.
• To write Qualification test Reports.
• Liaise with projects to ensure the test requirements are correct and are met during the initial and de-risk activities to ensure the qualification program runs smoothly.
• Travel off site to support testing of EMC and other miscellaneous environmental tests.
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
• Assure proper documentation of technical data is generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• HNC or equivalent level of knowledge and experience in a mechanical based subject appropriate to Qualification Testing.
• Previous experience of qualification testing such as Temperature Testing, Electrical Power variations testing and EMC Testing is essential
• Must be able to create technical documentation and present to the customer
• Experience of Mechanical and Electrical equipment.
• Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Experience of RTCA DO-160 or MIL_STD-810 or similar standard Locations:
• Experience with Aircraft based qualification testing.
• A positive attitude, initiative, pro-activeness and an enthusiasm and passion for engineering
• Demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding internal customer milestones
• Good problem solving and solution building skills
• Good communication skills to team, peers, and management
United Kingdom; Cheltenham