GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
At GE ASEAN, we are imagination at work. From the Vietnam Engineering Center which focuses on product design, applications and services for the oil and gas sector to the NUS-GE Singapore Water Technology Centre which develops new solutions in water treatment, the GE ASEAN teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services that solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. Join an innovative industry leader for an unprecedented career of significant influence within the region and beyond. Work alongside the best minds in the business and take advantage of GE’s generous investment in your education, growth and advancement. If you’re an energetic, focused problem solver, ready to share ideas and face challenges with flexibility, then join the GE ASEAN team in creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
Role Summary: In your role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day activity of structuring and drafting commercial contracts with GE Healthcare key strategic and corporate account customers, with country coverage over selected countries. You will also responsible for maintaining commercial policies and procedures, and ensuring consistent application of these throughout the business, through sound partnering with the business. You will report directly to ASEAN Senior Counsel.
• Proactively working with the GE Healthcare commercial and country teams as a business partner to identify opportunities to drive business forward and support growth opportunities, e.g. in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing of complex transactions, assisting with tender reviews etc
• Developing legal processes and templates for business models and product offerings
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating strategic business agreements and transactions eg. Memorandum of Understanding, Collaboration Agreements etc.
• Advising the business on healthcare regulatory, privacy, antitrust and advertising/promotional matters
• Providing regulatory and compliance advice - in conjunction with the Regulatory and Compliance specialist areas (including dealer compliance matters) in GE Healthcare to support GE’s worldwide compliance programs
• Managing / supporting the management of disputes and litigation including outside counsel when brought in to assist
• Supporting the development and maintenance of a strong culture of compliance including assisting with compliance Investigations, trainings and leadership engagement
• LL.B (or equivalent) with active bar membership
• In the region of 10 PQE at a reputable law firm or in-house corporate legal department in a multi-national company, including but not limited to drafting, negotiating and closing complex business transactions (i.e. purchase, sale and distribution agreements).
• Demonstrable experience and ability to identify legal and non-legal issues in relation to complex transactions, including e.g. insurance, taxation, risk/reward, commercial, regulatory, compliance, legal, financial issues
• Keen interest and experience in partnering with clients; applying combined business and legal judgment to deals, relationships and other issues requiring legal or compliance attention
• Previous experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment or matrix organization
• Effective communicator in English
• High ethics and integrity, mature and independent, clear in logic and good in judgment, able to work with self-motivation
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with ability to interface with cross-functional and cross-region teams, able to work under pressure and willing to take challenges.
• Experience working in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
• Previous exposure to medical industry regulations (FDA, Medicare/Medicaid anti-kickback) and compliance requirements or experience working as a legal counsel in a highly regulated environment
• Bi-lingual capabilities in at least 1 language from the ASEAN region (eg. Bahasa Indonesia, Vietnamese etc)
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.