At GE Aviation
, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of
ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Design modifications to components and assemblies related to gas turbine engines in service.
In this role you will:
- Concur to the concept definition of the modifications required to improve gas turbine engine components and assemblies in order to fulfill either Customer or Company requirements
- Lead the design process for the modifications, being accountable for the selection of the right tools and identification of the resources needed to fulfill the commitment
- Issue the technical documents (i.e. drawings, specifications, schemes) relevant to the components and modules design
- Prepare and sustain all the technical gates and reviews
- Complete specific design tasks related to technical investigations on engines/components, in cooperation with the assigned team
- Use the design tools: CAD as Unigraphics, and FEM /CAE as Nastran, Ansys and in-house SW’s
- Build an expertise in gas turbine mechanical design
- Proactively support and coordinate activities with manufacturing departments and Suppliers to implement product improvements (e.g. concurrent design, cost-out activities, non-conformances evaluation)