Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Indonesia ; Jakarta
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and external customers. Partners with functional product owner to define requirements, works with technical team internal (or external) to drive the initiative to ensure outcomes are delivered on time, and monitor overall quality of programs in country. Makes sure project management practices are followed and improved as needed.
Essential Responsibilities: In this role, you will:
• Act as focal point for in country, IT related operation matters. Assume ownership and drive timely resolution when necessary.
• Collaborate with business, functional partners and technology leadership in defining requirements
• Drive technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs and company
• Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources
• Facilitate convergence of functional and technical
• Work with globally located technical team often comprising of members of separate organizations to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan
• Cooperate with and manage external vendors as required. Manage procurement and onboarding process
• Ensure pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary
• Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
• Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
• Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting
• Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
• Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or relevant experience
• Minimum 5 years of IT professional experience
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Project Management
Eligibility Requirements: (Indonesia)
• Legal authorization to work in Indonesia is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Jakarta, Indonesia
Desired Characteristics: • Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Experience working with others on a global basis
• Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
• PMP or related Project Management certifications
• Proficiency with MS Office suite of products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.