GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
GE is transforming itself into the world’s largest digital industrial company. This role is to join an Agile Team that will help this transformation in a business that has sites across the world. The operation comprises the creation of an ecosystem that integrates with the business process to support the design, validation and production of flexible pipes through productivity and cost optimization.
Continuation of Role Summary/Purpose:
A talented software engineer, with an enthusiasm for Physics, Engineering and Technology, is required to support the refactoring of existing tools for desktop application, their migration to a Cloud based environment and the integration with Web Applications.
As part of a small team, the software engineer will have the autonomy to contribute to all aspects of the software: designing, developing, maintaining and supporting it through the full product life-cycle. This will involve
• Writing high quality, robust, test-driven software using C++, C#, python Qualifications/Requirements:
• Development of tools for a Cloud based environment to improve performance
• Designing and working with databases, business applications and web services
• Interface with regional cross-functional teams to address requirements and integration
• Develop and validate underlying software models of aspects of the physical structure
• Support the use and extension of software development tools and the technology strategy
• Assist in providing documentation and training for users and other stakeholders
• A good honours degree in a software, scientific or engineering subject; or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Candidates with Master degrees or PhD’s or equivalent knowledge and experience which have a strong programming element are welcome
• Development experience in of C++ and C#
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Given the scope of the project, experience on the following is desirable:
• C++, C#, Python Locations:
• Cloud Development, using e.g. Predix or AWS
• Database: SQL and NoSQL
• Web development
• Experience in Scientific application and data analysis
• Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
• User interface design
• Knowledge of the Qt toolkit
• Experience in the use of Linux
• Use of commercial and scripting software, e.g. Matlab, MathCad, etc.
United Kingdom; Abingdon