About Us: GE Digital http://www.ge.com/digital/ provides industrial software, control systems and computing platforms, enabled by the Industrial Internet, to optimize our customers’ assets, processes and equipment. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Join our team and mission to help our customers grow the profitability of their businesses through high performance solutions for today’s connected world. You will find opportunities to use your skills and expertise to work across industries including power, manufacturing, water, mining, oil & gas, defense and aerospace. From helping cities deliver clean drinking water for their citizens to ensuring food safety at a food and beverage manufacturer we are working on things that matter each and every day. If you're a highly motivated self-starter who brings leadership and imagination to your work then start the conversation with GE, the company with a long history of solving the world's toughest problems.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary: Provide financial leadership to the GE Digital Europe Commercial organization. Lead a finance team and partner cross-functionally with commercial operations, direct and channel sales teams and product managers to understand market dynamics, business performance, and devise effective commercial strategies to grow the European business in a profitable and sustainable manner. Essential Responsibilities: The role will directly support the GM and Chief Commercial Officer-Europe and the Global Commercial Finance Leader-Direct and partner with GE Digital’s Commercial functional teams (e.g., Sales, Commercial Operations, Customer Success, Marketing, HR) to drive business performance and process simplification in order to achieve GE Digital’s orders, revenue, contribution margin, and operating margin goals. A critical component of the role will be to act as a change-agent and exhibit strong leadership capabilities in a rapidly scaling digital business.
Commercial contracting and risk management
• Lead European commercial strategy and contracting structure working with sales and commercial leadership teams to minimize risk and volatility in deals.
• Drive team to focus on key financial risks and contractual solutions that drive margin expansion, strong cash positions and risk mitigation.
• Anticipate and adapt to different customer negotiation approaches, strategically taking into account the interest of the customer and internal stakeholders.
• Develop strategies and partner with subject matter experts to minimize contracting risk (e.g. credit, tax, foreign exchange, performance, termination)
• Apply lessons learned from previous contracting wins and losses and share best practices with the global team.
• Identify offerings that fit customer needs and successfully close complex negotiations. Has domain expertise in customer and competitors’ value propositions; establishes market for products as needed.
• Partner with GE Digital’s pricing team to determine the go-to-market strategy.
• Understand the critical factors and realities that establish a market for products and services and identify new markets
• Continually monitor industry dynamics and trends, and anticipate how those trends will impact both GE Digital and customer's profitability. Cultivate a culture that proactively uses data to drive growth.
• Can lead and support a deal team to win.
• Lead financial management processes and support effective decision-making in partnership with the GM and Chief Commercial Officer-Europe.
• Drive transparency to financial results of the European business from orders volume to revenue, contribution margin, and operating margin.
• Professionally challenge cross-functional teams to substantiate and defend investments in order to ensure acceptable ROI thresholds are met and performance accountability is understood, accepted, and can be measured objectively.
• Drive simplification and sustainability of financial and commercial processes to support rapid scalability of the business.
• Partner with Commercial leadership to ensure variable compensation plans drive the right behavior and priorities for the year (e.g. volume, margin, cash).
• Identify and manage risks and opportunities in terms of deal execution, and across the P&L.
Qualification: • Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related discipline and proven years of experience in Finance or related function
Desired Characteristics: • Confidence and proven ability to influence and work across multiple key stakeholders
• Solid Analytical Skills • Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and achieve quality results
• Experience in software commercial strategy and execution
• Masters degree in Finance or a related discipline
• Strong interpersonal and analytic skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.