Location(s): United States; Ohio, Georgia; Atlanta
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Sr Network Operations Engineer will be the member of the newly created network monitoring & design team. The team and its members will handle monitoring and resolution of networking issues related to the PGS engineering turbine/site network connections. For new sites and upgrades to existing sites, this team will own all network design and coordination with vendors for install and delivery.
• Networking design for customer network connectivity, ISP, router, switch, access point
• Troubleshoot and provide engineering expertise and direction to determine root cause analysis for any network connectivity disruptions
• Provide advanced technical support on network connectivity issues and equipment
• Work with GE corporate network teams as required to resolve networking issues
• Execute actions to resolve connectivity disruptions
• Work with vendors (ISPs, network equipment providers) as necessary to resolve issues
• Work with the end customer or GE contract manager if necessary to facilitate resolution of issues
• Willingness to travel on-site to ensure resolution of issues
• Direct the preparation of and approve appropriate reports and communication status and results
• Work with requisition teams to design and prepare networking diagrams for new site or upgraded site installations
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (OR Associates with minimum 2 years of relevant work experience OR a High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 6 years relevant work experience)
• Minimum of 5 years' experience with hands on configuring and troubleshooting network equipment
• Networking certification: CCNA, CCNP or CSP
• Critical thinking skills to ensure successful resolution of issues
• Familiarity with network monitoring tools
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• GB/BB certified – Able to use Six Sigma tools and techniques to drive changes that will improve network asset availability
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.