Technology Manager – Robotics and Automation
- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:33:10 PM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Greater China
Location(s): China; TianJin; Tianjin
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Responsible for interfacing with all GE businesses and plants in China to identify the biggest needs and opportunities around manufacturing process automation and improvement and the optimization of manufacturing operation performance.
• Work with GE plants and R&D teams to initiate, define and develop technology to monitor, control, automate and improve manufacturing processes, like CNC/NC or robotic based processes.
• Lead the activity around designing and conducting automated or robotic solution, collecting experimental data, acquiring and managing signals to develop and build process models for data analysis and decision-making
• Work with program managers and manufacturing engineers from different business segment to develop integrated solution for business partners and external customers.
• Lead the activity to work with GE plants to implement the developed technology and integrated technology solution around robotics and automation
• Grow technical talent and competency of advanced manufacturing engineers (AME) across GE China, through training, creation of process standards and through technical support.
• Support NPI’s with design for manufacturing, drawing and process/tooling reviews as part of program milestones.
• Represent GE China to interact with Customers, Government and Academia through tours, training and collaboration, build partnership working mechanism with government and external industrials, identify external manufacturing technology to deliver productivity and enable better new product designs.
• M.S. or above in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent
• 5+ year of experience in intelligent shop manufacturing systems, lean management
• Familiar with common NC/PLC controller and/or industrial robotics
• Experienced in data collection from sensors and data analysis
• Proficiency in one or more software programming languages
• Demonstrated skills in developing new manufacturing processes.
• Experienced in Lean and Six Sigma methods.
• A system engineer and able to develop roadmap for technology center of excellence.
• Knowledge of GE business structure. Ability to develop strong network of cross business contacts.
• Strong influencing skills and ability to interface across the business to connect and bring together multiple stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills to contribute as part of a cross-functional development team.
• Excellent problem solving skills - ability to consider overall problem, identify opportunities and implement major changes.
• Motivated by quality, cost and speed.
- High energy with passion for excellence
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve aggressive goals and targets
- Embrace change and technology evolution as an opportunity
• Self-starter, independent thinker, proactive problem solver.
• Strong environmental, health and safety ethics.
• Fluent oral and written communication in English & Chinese.
• Having the relevant experience is preferred in:
1. Industrial robotic applications
2. Embedded system programming
3. Condition monitoring on machine tools
4. Status monitoring on traditional and/or non-traditional manufacturing processes
Locations: China; TianJin; Tianjin