Location(s): United States ; Massachusetts; Westborough
About Us: GE Healthcare Life Sciences, a division of GE Healthcare, provides expertise and tools for a wide range of applications, including basic research of cells and proteins, drug discovery research, as well as tools to support large-scale manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals. Every day, we leverage our combined knowledge, talent, and resources to deliver innovative products and solutions that help our customers achieve their goals GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Provides leadership and support for the implementation, development & direction of production teams. The position implements actions to improve product & process quality, as well as accelerating and support cultural change efforts aimed at achieving organizational goals.
Essential Responsibilities: • Collaborate with team(s) to set goals with respect to safety, quality, cost, production, and compliance and coach teams to be accountable / take ownership of these goals
• Coordinate with team(s) on process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence within and outside of the team(s)
• Motivate team(s) to achieve goals in asset utilization, process and manufacturing loss improvement, delivered quality, delivery, and cost reduction
• Work closely with team to understand business and financial metrics to enhance individual and team skills
• Encourage an environment of continuous improvement for all assigned products and processes
• Work with team to fulfill headcount plans by collaborating during the careful selection process
• Interface with other organizations and vendors to assure requirements are met on time
• Provide technical, quality, and production leadership to assigned team(s)
• Encourage team to achieve highest levels of internal and external customer service
• Effectively communicate key issues to the team
• Support overall organization in the strategic planning of manpower, equipment, and other resources
• Maintain positive employee relations by working with employees to resolve employee relations issues and concerns, while involving HR when needed
• Ensure fair and consistent application of company and departmental policies and practices
• Advocate and promote Lean Six Sigma rigors within the team(s) and help to develop a strong Lean Manufacturing culture.
• Work together with team(s) on production scheduling and development / flow of hardware to meet customer requirements
• Assess employee training and development needs, the maturity of the team, and adjust leadership style to enhance team performance
Qualifications/Requirements: Quality Specific Goals: 1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position 2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines 3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required 4. Maintaining full Quality System Regulation and Current Good Manufacturing Practices requirements 5. Maintaining full regulatory compliance and other legal requirements
Qualifications: 1. Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years production, supply chain experience or leadership or High School diploma/GED and 7 years production or supply chain experience. 2. Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams. 3. Demonstrated ability to identify and implement Best Practices and deal with high levels of ambiguity
Desired Characteristics: Preferred Qualifications: 1. MBA or Masters 2. Demonstrated ability to identify & implement best practices. 3. Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity. 4. Prior Team Leading experience 5. OMLP/ETLP graduate
Locations: United States ; Massachusetts; Westborough
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.