About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. Learn More About Careers at GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Molecular Imaging and Computed Tomography (MICT) business is seeking a Lead Software Quality Test Engineer for CT Scanner Desktop team. The Lead Software Quality Test Engineer will be accountable for successful design and implementation of manual and automated tests for one or more assigned modules, components or features in MICT product software. This will span the full life-cycle of these tests including analysis, test design, test development, formal test execution and maintenance.
Essential Responsibilities: • Ensure the quality of software products by creating and applying software quality tests to a feature, set of features, or whole feature area.
• Work closely with systems teams, senior software engineers and software architects to analyze requirements, create test strategy and implement manual and automated tests for the software features, use cases, stories and requirements as translated from user clinical and workflow needs.
• As part of the team, design, develop, dry-run, automate and continuously improve product software tests.
• Deliver to expected timelines and quality standards.
• Apply Agile, Lean, Software FMEA and Continuous Integration methodologies to drive reliability upstream in the product development lifecycle.
• Continuously expand technical knowledge, keep abreast of emerging software testing technologies and apply them to MICT software testing.
• Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
• Write test code that meets standards and exercises desired testing using the technology selected for the project.
• Understand software and performance parameters and assess test performance
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
Desired Characteristics: Technical Expertise:
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Experience working on software testing in the regulated industry (healthcare, aviation, transportation)
• Experience with Continuous Integration
• Experience with FrogLogic Squish
• Experience with Eclipse IDE
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.