Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): United States ; Ohio; Cincinnati
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsible for leading operations and production support and contribute to development activities for one or more GE Corporate EPM Hyperion applications, specifically for HFM and FDMEE. Work as part of a growing Hyperion DevOps team interfacing with functional business partners on Global Operations EPM initiatives.
Essential Responsibilities: • Lead and work alongside other Hyperion support and development personnel on the Corporate EPM Shared Services DevOps team
• Act as the escalation point for EPM operational issues and questions (Specifically HFM and FDMEE)
• Shows deep understanding of key HFM functionalities during design and build phase based upon client requirements, including: intercompany eliminations, chart of accounts design, metadata hierarchies, design/build, reporting, attribute definition, data grid design/build, database administration, etc.
• Proactively drive the prioritization and resource planning of IT work to support business objectives and key initiatives for Controllership & FP&A.
• Partner with functional finance organizations to define requirements, establish plans and execute accordingly
• Establish communication rhythm for close status with functional, ERP IT and EPM IT operational personnel
• Partner with business & regional leaders to understand and ensure EPM RTS SLAs are met
• Work closely with multiple application teams to communicate status, establish appropriate automation and monitoring capabilities as well as disaster recovery and failover capabilities
• Keep abreast of new tools and technologies while taking part in the evaluation and recommendations for new or enhanced capabilities that could improve current platforms
• Develop technical standards, documentation and knowledge transfer for operational support including the coordination of knowledge transfer to other team members including off-shore support staff
• Complete root cause analysis of defects and implement controls to mitigate repetitive issues
• Drive adherence to Financial & IT Compliance Enterprise Standards
• Promote the company culture by encouraging open communication, teamwork and living of the GE Beliefs
• Understands, promotes and adheres to security and SoX compliance policies and process
• Develop peer, cross-functional and cross-GE Business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, Finance or other technical related fields (OR a minimum 7 years of relevant work experience)
• Minimum 7 years of experience in Information Technology delivering high impact technology solutions
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Hyperion system 9 and/or 11 experience, specifically HFM and FDMEE
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills
Desired Characteristics: • Extensive knowledge of VBScript, financial systems, financial cycles and processes
• Strong programming and problem solving skills with PL/SQL
• Strong knowledge of FDMEE mapping and metadata loading is a plus
• Desired expertise in Hyperion Planning and Essbase
• Experience with Oracle dB, WebLogic, Apache
• Extensive knowledge of financial systems, financial close cycles and associated processes
• Self-starter – requires minimal direction to accomplish goals
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of customers, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape solutions
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines for financial close where uptime is critical
• Proven experience working in environments with on-shore and off-shore multi-national team members
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements ; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
• Experience using automation/orchestration tools such as Automic UC4 a plus
• Sarbanes Oxley (SoX) experience
• Experience with GE tools such as IDM, ServiceNow and SupportCentral a plus (GE Employees Only)
• Black Belt or Green Belt Certified (GE Employees Only)
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.