Generator Product Service Engineer & Application Engineer
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:15:20 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): China; ShangHai, BeiJing; Shanghai, Beijing
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Generator Product Service Engineer will be responsible to lead the resolution of technical issues which affect the reliable operation of the global GE generators. The Generator Application Engineer will be responsible for performing technical proposals in the Conversions, Modifications & Uprates (“CM&U”) business.
* Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution, using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures.
* Escalate issues as required acting as the liaison between the field and design engineering to drive specific technical resolution and to help engineering identify, drive corrective actions
* Establish and maintain relationships with customers to make customer technical issues/requirements understood and addressed in a timely manner.
* Lead and program manage root cause analysis activities for product technical issues.
* Interface with Product Service COE, System and Design Engineering teams, providing technical leadership to personnel supporting project assigned to resolve customer technical issue.
* Prepare technical presentations for GE Leaders and Customers ensuring the timely communication of significant issues or developments.
* Travel to customer locations to 1) support customer technical review meetings and present recommendations to champion GE’s commitment technical solution 2) support unplanned/forced outages to meet availability goals 3) provide commercial teams with technical support for sales and services proposal activities.
* Plan and provide engineering technical oversight (Outage Excellence) to the Contractual Services and Field Services teams during planned outages to meet availability goals
* Provide engineering leadership and technical guidance for all new unit installations in the region (Red Flag Review process) during the commissioning phase to meet safety, quality, and timeliness goals.
* Partner with the Services Engineering teams and interface with external and internal suppliers to facilitate the logistical implementation of Fleet Program technical solutions
Role of Application Engineer
* Interface directly with customers; ensure all proposals meet customer requirements.
*Support/coordinate with interfacing organizations such as the Generator COE, manufacturing sourcing, service shops.
* Work closely with the Generator COE to ensure accurate quoting of hardware.
* Performs technical proposals, this consists of the technical write up, definition of the scope of supply, electromagnetic performance uprate coordination
* Support the training/development of local team members.
* Work with NPI team on development programs. Help technically commercialize new product offerings.
* Mentor/develop less experienced personnel.
* Prepare/present technical material for customer meetings/user’s conferences…
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering
* 5-8 years’ experience in generator design, manufacturing or field engineering position
* Willing to work off hours and weekends to support emergency issue resolution
* Strong written and verbal English skills
* Master of Science in Engineering is preferred
* Experience in hosting large user conference
* Additional experience in electromagnetics or rotating parts design is preferred
* Sound mechanical design, analytical and background
* Familiarity with manufacturing processes
* Field engineer experience preferred
* Experience in conducting presentation at user conference
* Experience working directly with customers.
* Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Experience in a matrix leadership environment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Experience working with field data and information
* Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
Locations: China; ShangHai, BeiJing; Shanghai, Beijing