About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Leader of GE Power GSCM Hungary IT related project initiatives and project teams. Manage and improve daily business processes and projects of own area. Work closely with local and global teams (Business Functions, IT teams, 3rd party vendors etc.) to best serve the local business’s infrastructure/support needs.Responsible for wing-to-wing infrastructure project management, delivery of technical/functional enhancements with a keen focus on regulatory compliance, quality, schedule and budget.
Essential Responsibilities: The project leader will play key role in the Brilliant Factory initiative with responsibilities but not limited only.
- Drive solution identification, feasibility analysis and implementation for approved infrastructure projects.
- Work closely with global and local IT and functional teams to deliver projects on-time, budget and quality.
- Supervise vendor team performance and ensure continuous improvement.
- Work on local and global business synergies, best practice sharing and process simplification improving the existing IT solutions.
- Actively participate in IT financial planning and tracking processes for GE Power Hungary Supply Chain site.
- Ensure necessary services and infrastructures are available and run in line with required service levels.
- Ensure obsolete infrastructure is replaced; site infrastructure support contracts are in place.
- Periodically review, benchmark, communicate and enhance service levels with other sites.
- Work as a business partner with IT and functional teams, management to evaluate and improve business processes and arrive at mutual, cost effective solutions.
- Lead the preparation of long term system plans, cost benefit analysis and assure that they are in line with business objectives.
- Prepare investment/expense budgets, and other administrative tasks.
- Maintain current knowledge of information technologies that are applicable to business objectives.
- Lead continuous improvement focus areas and operational excellence.
Qualifications/Requirements: BS or BA degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field
experience in IT project management and/or IT operations
Prior experience with IT Infrastructure and MES systems and implementations
Excellent communication skills, fluent English, Hungarian is an advantage
Desired Characteristics: - Ability to work with remote and 3rd party teams to drive rollouts
- Strong project management skills
- Experience of major databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server and/or MySQL);
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.