GE Global Operations is GE's multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace.
We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company. We think Big, we act as One, We deliver with Speed … so GE Works. Role Summary:
The Finance IT Leader – Account Receivables will lead functional oversight of critical financial systems and reporting for Global Operations Finance Europe. The role will be responsible for measuring AR tools related open items across businesses, driving transparency and accountability. Partner with process teams and perform root-cause analysis to help fix up-stream systems & processes - generating improvement opportunities and embedding them in AR accounting process environment. Essential Responsibilities:
The role will work collaboratively with all levels of business stakeholders and will be the key pivot point between local and global teams.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of business stakeholders to develop Account Receivables digital footprint – Cash collection & application, AR reporting, GECARS, Finance Data Lake, and related- strategic ERPs/ tools.
- Design and implement standard account receivables open item tracking, analytics, and systemic solution. Own and drive system-related AR open items reduction and accountability.
- Liaise with Global, business IT, and WCS team to deliver finance – IT systemic fix: Interface, mismatch, manual upload/ MJE. Develop standard AR disconnect resolution, sustainable detective control and monitoring tools/ process.
- Be the single point of contact with GE Corporate Finance Systems leaders and lead GE Digital on all account receivables system initiatives (AR subledgers and GECARS).
- Drive electronic invoicing projects across the region.
- Lead systemic customer data validation and clean-up effort.
- Responsible for idea generation and implementation of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for account receivables process.
- Project management responsibilities, including client communication, change management, prioritization, scheduling, and presentation of deliverables
- Provide continuous training and insights to Finance community on account receivables-related financial tools
- Bachelor's Degree with strong work experience
- Strong work experience in Financial Systems or Analytics.
- Technologically savvy, with finance acumen
- Excellent communication and influencing skills. Communicate to senior leaders in simple terms, to drive resolution & decisions
- Able to build relationships & influence outcomes
- Able to magnify themes, working across centers, to drive outcomes
- Experience in system implementation and functionality change & set up.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking & leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
- Qualifications & demonstrated experience for leading ‘Lean’ projects or application of 6Sigma methodologies with quantifiable productivity and quality improvements.
- Working knowledge of Financial and ERP systems a plus
- Must be willing to travel roughly 20% of the time
- CAS graduate / ITLP Graduate / EIMP
- Strong expertise in core Finance competencies (FP&A, Commercial & Operational Finance, Accounting Close, Risk, etc.)
- Experience working with Shared Service organizations
- Experience in invoice collection, cash application, billing, and master data management.
- Experience with common finance systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Hyperion)
- Experience with modern data visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire
- Familiarity with enterprise reporting tools such as Business Objects or Cognos
- Familiarity with database design and data structure optimization for reporting & analytics
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification or equivalent quality certification
- Desire to be part of a leading edge program with tight deadlines, global enterprise scope and high expectations, ability to learn new technology, processes, organizations, data sets and use cases fast and create solutions immediately
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of strategic scope and impact