Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): United States ; New York; Schenectady
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions. Join our online communities to find out more! LinkedIn Company page Talent Community GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Design, development and support of the Global Payroll Accounting Solution (GPAS).
The GPAS Application Team provides IT support for the accurate/compliant delivery & accounting of Global Payroll Accounting Solution. The hallmark of our team is our ability to provide customers with a standard global process that systematically create and post payroll journals to ES business ledgers and is operated and supported from a centralized location for the company.
Essential Responsibilities: • Design, develop and test sound/supportable technical solutions to complex business requirements
• Evaluate requests for enhancements and determine potential impacts with the current system design/configuration
• Code complex/integrated customizations and/or solutions using Oracle applications and related Fusion technologies (ADF, SOA, BI Publisher, Unix Shell Script, SQL, PL/SQL Code, etc.)
• Provide support and maintenance of existing customizations and application functionality
• Triage/debug production issues (Data, Code, Performance, Security, etc.), identify root cause and corrective actions
• Partner with upstream and downstream ES solutions with a global focus
• Write/review technical specifications and thoroughly document system changes
• Command of multiple programming languages, systems analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, storage, and interfacing
• Provide on-call support
• Act as liaison and facilitate continuity between infrastructure support and application development teams
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/related field (or minimum 5 years of related experience in lieu of degree)
• Minimum 3+ years of development experience with complex changes using Oracle applications and related Fusion technologies (i.e. ADF, Unix Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL Code, and Oracle 11g)
• Demonstrated experience in FAH solution architecture and vast knowledge of the SDLC model
• GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
• Must willing to work out of an office in Schenectady, NY
• Must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act
Desired Characteristics: • Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new concepts and analyze system deficiencies
• Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
• Experience with API Gateways.
• Expert knowledge of Oracle databases, including SQL and PL / SQL
• Knowledge of Payroll, Accounting, and Financial applications
• Fusion Accounting Hub experience
• Passionate about security and the quality of the applications they support
• Organized, thorough, and detail oriented
• Collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Eager to learn, shares ideas, encourages and accepts feedback well
• Interested in current and emerging technologies
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes from the customer's viewpoint
• High level of energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.