About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Essential Responsibilities: • Collection, preparation & analysis of financial data, legal documents and other relevant info required for local tax filings/ tax audits and any other statutory requirements • Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the tax returns and schedules prepared
• Provide/prepare documents supporting the transactional data
• Prepare quarterly tax provision for businesses/divisions under your care, prepare annual RTA, perform ASC740 and ETR analysis, validate tax balance sheet accounts, coordinate with businesses and local tax team with respect to valuation allowance and FIN48 reserve analysis
• Prepare VAT/GST return reconciliations, including monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations before the return is filed
• Prepare prepayment settlement of outstanding CIT/VAT/GST and Tax liability if necessary
• Completion of VRT (GE Tool) as part of the VAT filing process
• Update eCompliance once the return is filed & upload filed documents electronically
• Assist with all tax operational matters and identify any compliance issues. Escalating matters to Tax Ops Leader for advice and resolution
• Provide audit support as required
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Written and verbal fluency in English
• 2- 5 years of work experience of CIT/VAT/GST in large multinational/ Big 4 or Shared Service Centre
• Experienced/knowledge in CIT/VAT/GST processes and compliance
• Good working knowledge in a multinational environment
• Good communication skills
• Good analytical skills & ability to technically discuss with local/regional business controllers, country Stat & Tax leader, local Corporate tax Leaders and KPMG/auditors where necessary,
• Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
• Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
• Strong MS Excel & Access skills
Desired Characteristics: • Accountancy experience with knowledge of accounting systems; Oracle is an advantage
• Knowledgeable of intermediate to advance MS Excel and Access are required skills
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.