Role Summary: The TMI-CBS Ambulatory Practice Solutions (APS) engineering team is a global development organization with products including Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Practice Management (PM). The Software Engineer position is responsible for designing and developing software components in a timely manner with desired quality.
•Design and Coding of software features using VC++, MFC, C#, .net, WPF and Core Java •Design using object oriented techniques (UML) and Design Patterns. •Writing Software Requirement document and Design Specification documents. •Doing design review, code review and testing of software features. •Interacting with System Engineering and Marketing teams to understand the requirements and implement them. •Fixing of defects raised by testing teams and customers. •Working with global cross functional teams. •Focus on Quality initiatives. •Working closely with all cross-functional groups in delivering effective new product development process results •Ensuring compliance with Design History File (DHF) and other QMS requirements •Managing quality objectives, regulatory requirements, schedules, and program risks and making decisions based on business objectives
Quality Specific Goals: 1.Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position 2.Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines 3.Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required 4.Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables 5.Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
1. BE, ME/MTech. Preferably in Computer Science. 2. 3+ years experience in IT industry. 3. Hands on experience in VC++, MFC, C#, .net, WPF 4. Should be confident to design and implement software features on their own. 5. Experience in Object Oriented design and Design patterns. 6. Good exposure to Software processes (SDLC) and Source Control tools (ClearCase or VSS or Perforce). 7. Good architectural knowledge. 8. Excellent communication skills.
1. Hands on experience on core java
2. Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) would be an added advantage.
2. Knowledge of Healthcare IT domain.
3. Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodology preferable.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.