Business Segment: Global Operations Human Resources
Location(s): United States ; New York; Schenectady
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries and around the world. It’s how we’ve sustained a 130-year record of innovation and reputation for leadership. It’s how we solve the toughest challenges for our customers and society. Developing people allows us the build, power, move and cure. It prepares us all for the future. Today, that is as important as ever. Globalization and technology are converging with unprecedented speed to reshape every job, workplace and industry. Our commitment to developing people starts with a belief that education systems must align early and always with the changing requirements of the new economy. It continues with the understanding that employers and educational institutions must collaborate over skills development, enabling people to learn new, relevant skills and work smarter over the entire course of a career. And it creates global leaders, people who can navigate the complexity of our times with clarity, courage and integrity. Developing people is commitment that doesn’t just make us better; it makes everyone better. Let GE invest in helping you grow both personally and professionally.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: In this role, you will be developing and leading a team of professionals, providing payroll support to the GE businesses. Develop solid relationships with customers to maintain operational performance. Operate in a lean management system, by leveraging metrics and trends and coaching team in identifying areas for improvement.
Essential Responsibilities: • Lead Payroll processes to ensure high compliance is relevant with legal and GE policy requirements
• Drive a culture of service excellence within the team; promote “Best in Class” customer service. develop action plan to mitigate operational risks or resolve escalated issues
• Develop strong working relationships within the HR/Payroll community to ensure voice of customer(s) considered in daily activities
• Proactively identify areas for improvement; work closely with cross-functional teams to implement effective solutions, and coach team through successful continuous improvement opportunities
• As as a Lean leader, maintain tier boards and build problem solvers through coaching. Leverage metrics to identify trends to maintain and improve performance levels
• Ensure teams are aligned and relevant skills are in place to deliver on organizational strategy
• Drive strong performance management in the team through clear expectations, priority setting, frequent touchpoints and feedback
• Champion training and induction processes for new team members and role changes; coordinate and implement training to effectively meet team needs
• Drive GE’s high standards of ethics and compliance within the team
• Drive and enhance employee engagement across Global Operations
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED or equivalent with at least 6 years of experience in pay and benefits.
• Minimum 2 years shared services experience, with a broad understanding of Payroll & Benefits processes.
Desired Characteristics: • Significant people leadership experience
• Strong track record of building, leading & developing a high-performing team
• Experience managing third party providers
• Effective interpersonal & influencing skills
• Cultural awareness & sensitivity: ability to flex style to suit differing cultural norms
• Ability to anticipate and resolve challenges
• Ability to drive process improvements
• Proven record of managing metrics, including analysis, identifying trends, and making timely decisions
• Demonstrated project leadership and accountability
• Solid understanding of national legislative payroll and benefits rules
• Data privacy and controllership awareness
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.