Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Essential Responsibilities: • Lead coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of information technology solutions for business processes
• Work with other front end developers to define best practices and processes around user interface development
• Collaborate with US, near-shore, and offshore based team members to deliver software solutions
• Implement detailed functional and technical specifications required to satisfy business requirements
• Provide functional and technical documentation
• Develop proof-of-concepts and prototypes of easy to navigate user interfaces (UI) that consist of web pages with graphics, icons, and color schemes that are visually appealing
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with experience of IS, IT, or Computer Science)
• IS, IT, Computer Science or Engineering experience with a concentration in front end design and development framework
Desired Characteristics: • Previous experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix platform.
• Experience with AngularJS
• Experience with NOSQL database
• Some experience with Cordova
• Strong xperience writing unit tests
• Proven experience using a CI system to automate builds.
• Experience with TDD/BDD
• Understanding of GitHub and Git pull requests
• Experience with analytics frameworks
• Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS
• Experience working with Polymer
• Working knowledge of Responsive Design concepts and frameworks
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels. Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences
• Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
Locations: Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia; Budapest
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.