GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you
Role Summary: In this role, the DevSecOps Engineer will apply depth of expertise in IT security to contemporary design & development to effectively secure and protect GE's application portfolio. You will be responsible for providing build and release strategy for highly complex as well as parallel and concurrent releases for a Software Product. Manages Continuous Code Integration within SDLC. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform.
• Function as cyber security leader and automation engineer in daily Sprint stand up, and provide ownership for all aspects of security lifecycle in product release
• Provide cyber security technical thought leadership, and inject secure coding standards and best practices into daily scrums
• Provide mentoring, and skill set knowledge transfer to scrum team members
• Review and modify agile user stories and epics to ensure correct authentication, authorization, and logging
• Partner with other IT & business teams to develop secure technical solutions
• Support MVP’s through “hands on” technical security knowledge, integration, and development/coding
• Work with a team of architects and developers, operational leads and functional owners to plan and implement security technical features
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, with shifting priorities; must be comfortable with change and actively driving improvements
• Understand how new technologies impact the current environment
• Champion the adoption of new technologies and drive the implementation into the GE environment
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with experience in IS, IT, or Computer Science) or equivalent
• Strong experience writing object-oriented software, or designing and executing manual and automated software tests
• Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as CVS/SVN/ClearCase/Git/Perforce
• Understanding of GitHub and Git pull requests
• Understanding of Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN)
• Provides design, installation/development, & configuration of Cyber Security solutions
• Ability to simplify and communicate technical concepts & architecture to non-technical team members
• Experience with application logging integration, and products (Log4J, Logstash, Splunk)
• Knowledge of Federated security architecture, flows, and standards (SAML, OpenID_Connect, and JSON_Web-Token (JWT))
• Integration level knowledge of API Security Architecture, and technologies (OAuth2, Spring Security, HMAC, WS-Security, WS-Trust, or XACML)
• Hands on experience developing secure RESTful API’s
• Working knowledge of Cloud Provider security architecture design patterns (AWS, CloudFoundry, Azure).
• Proficiency in development frameworks (Spring Security, Spring Boot, or AngularJS)
• Working knowledge of OWASP Web/API vulnerabilities and compensating controls (CSRF, XSS, SQLI, etc.)
• Familiarity with encryption fundamentals: PKI, Encryption, Digital Signatures & Key Management
• Expert knowledge of HTTP(s) protocol
• Knowledge of Risk Controls framework, and Audit procedures (27000/1/2, NIST 800-53/171, DFARS)
• Position requires an individual that is highly organized and self-motivated
• Proven ability and desire to learn and adapt to new products quickly and comprehensively
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.