Senior Staff Software Architect
- GE Renewable Energy
- Posted 8/17/2017 8:49:04 AM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Renewable Energy Digital
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a Tier 1 business. We are taking on the world's biggest industrial challenges through innovative software solutions. The GE Renewable Energy Digital team will be developing products that will help power the Industrial Internet working on all industrial products of Onshore and Offshore Wind, Hydro and Solar. You will work on multiple projects as a project leader or internal consultant. This requires in-depth domain knowledge of two or more specialized architecture areas.
As a Senior Staff Software Architect, you will work on multiple projects as a project leader or internal consultant. You will works on highly complex projects that require in-depth domain knowledge or two or more specialized architecture areas.
In this role you will be:
• Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction across the product portfolio or product line.
• Analyze design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at domain level within product portfolio or team.
• Participate in the EA domain governance model.
• Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
• Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives.
-Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
-A minimum of 12+ years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master’s degree with 8+ years of experience
• Participates in domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
• Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project level, aligning architectural requirements with software development strategy.
• Reviews exceptions and makes recommendations to architectural standards at a domain
• Demonstrate knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support
business goals; demonstrate knowledge of the business products, key processes, suppliers,
customers and market/competitors.
• Recommends expenditures based on the size, scope, and cost of hardware and software components. Assists in developing business cases.
• Collaborates with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits. Meets with project leaders and software development Leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
• Applies values, business strategy, policies, precedent, and experience to make complex decisions with uncertain consequences.
• Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
• Takes a systems perspective that inter-relates internal and external factors for planning.
Envisions compares and contrasts multiple potential medium range operational futures.
• Able to work under minimal supervision. Encourages input from all members of the team.
Able to energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
• High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with
confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility. Ability to work to tight
deadlines and cope under pressure
• Strong organization skills with customer mindset and problem solving abilities
• Must be willing to travel as per business needs.
Locations: India; Bangalore