- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:42:12 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE Healthcare provides transnational medical technologies that are helping a new age of patient care. GE Healthcare's expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring and life support systems, disease research, drug discovery, and bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing technologies is helping physicians detect disease earlier and to tailor personalized treatments for patients. GE Healthcare offers a broad range of products and services that are improving productivity in health and enhancing patient care by enabling healthcare providers to better diagnose and treat cancer, heart disease, neurological diseases, and other conditions. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a $17 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employs more than 40,000 people committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries. Global Asset Management (GAM) is part of Healthcare Service business and enables data driven decisions to improve operational results in healthcare. All of this is achieved by leveraging state of the art technologies.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for programming a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
• Work closely with application architects and technical leads • Design and Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications • Responsible for programming a component, feature and/or feature set • Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business • Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions • Participates in the planning and implementation of software modules/components/subsystems, and guide junior team members • Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques • Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project • Understand performance parameters and assess application performance • Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen • Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related computer field • Minimum of 5 years experience in java software development
Desired Technical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of OOD/OOP software design patterns and principles
• Strong knowledge of Java 7+ and Java open-source software components
• Experience with JUnit and writing unit tests
• Experience with ETL technologies such as Talend, Informatica
• Experience with Relational Database Management Systems such as Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, and/or Oracle.
• Experience working with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, XP)
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Dedication to quality
• Strong problem solving abilities
• High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with more senior co-workers and leadership with confidence and clarity
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver on-time with quality
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
• Positive, highly motivated individual
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
Locations: India; Bangalore