Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: The Back-end Developer wil be responsible for designing, developing and testing software to create solutions and services tailored to the needs of the business and external customers. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform
Essential Responsibilities: • Responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development methods and infrastructure.
• Support impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
• Expert level skills in Java development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary.
• Collaborate with system engineers, data scientists, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions.
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean / Agile / XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality aligned with GE standards and guidelines
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with experience in IS, IT, or Computer Science)
• Experience in IT software development.
• Good knowledge on many from the following technology stack - Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, MVC, App server Knowledge (Tomcat,JBoss), OSGi, SOAP/REST webservices
• Excellent knowledge with development tools and integrated build systems: Eclipse IDE, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven - Software development cycle and automated testing experience (TDD/BDD)
• Experience with NOSQL databases
• Experience with Rational databases (Oracle, MySQL, etc…)
• Experience in developing REST APIs
• Experience in writing unit tests
• Experience in using a CI system to automate builds
• Understanding of HTTP and Network Layer overhead and latency
• Understanding of how to optimize service data for size or speed
• Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as CVS/SVN/ClearCase/Git/Perforce
• Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise
Desired Characteristics: #DTR
Locations: Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia; Budapest
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.