Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Hungary ; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: The Business Analyst will be the conduit between our customers and our internal teams by translating customer requirements to detailed stories for the development teams and managing projects assigned to you. Your work may span across different geographies, different teams and technologies such as Java, mobile platforms and business intelligence applications. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform
Essential Responsibilities: • Collaborate with product owners to understand, translate, document, prepare and communicate project requirements with development teams in the software CoE (Center of Excellence)
• Collaborate with development team leads, security leads or software architect to ensure that clear requirements for high quality, secure software delivery is created
• Provide a prioritized backlog of detailed user stories to the development team, and where possible illustrate those user stories as much as possible with prototypes, and drawings
• Act as the product owner within one Agile Scrum team, if necessary
• Attend team collaboration meetings, work with scrum masters, team leads and customers to ensure implemented features meet customer needs
• Facilitate, communicate, collaborate, negotiate between customer and technical teams to bring features to closure
• Manage / own project scope, budget and schedule, delivery of a successful product, closure and documentation, if assigned as the project manager
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (or a High School Diploma / GED with an experience of information systems design, implementation, or integration)
• Project management / business or system analysis experience in an information technology environment
Desired Characteristics: • Experience with the Cloud Foundry platform
• Demonstrated project leadership ability
• Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; supports and drives change, and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels. Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.