Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Hungary ; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: The Software Quality Test Engineer will be responsible for collaborating closely with the software development team to implement QA (Quality Assurance) test plans and automation to ensure world-class software quality and driving cross-team software troubleshooting and fix resolution. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform.
Essential Responsibilities: • Routinely work with business stakeholders to translate system requirements into acceptance test criteria, including BDD (Behavior Driven Development) where appropriate
• Contribute in Agile / Scrum planning sessions to propose sprint test plans
• Participate in daily scrum team functions to ensure voice of quality is an integral part of the scrum team
• Participate in selection of software testing tools and test automation frameworks
• Generate and execute automated / manual test cases daily and each sprint while collaborating heavily with the software developers
• Contribute to development of an automated / manual regression test suite, and ensure it is executed as appropriate
• Track and report on software quality trends during software release cycles
• Propose and track software quality metrics
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Experience writing object-oriented software, or designing and executing manual and automated software tests
• Strong Facilitation skills, leading in-person and remote teams in co-creation sessions, creating wireframes, workflows and prototypes.
Desired Characteristics: • A strong focus on customer outcomes
• Demonstrated proficiency in writing software test cases for enterprise software deliverables
• Experience with contemporary quality approaches such as TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD
• Knowledge of software testing concepts including: regression, unit, integration, load, white box, black box, positive, negative, mocking, boundary testing, scalability, traceability
• Successful track record of translating business requirements to functional software tests
• A background in defining Software test automation frameworks and delivering reusable automated test suites
• Experience with testing Tools: HP QC / QTP, UFT, Selenium, Loadrunner, Static Code Analysis
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels. Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences
• Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
• Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.