About Us: At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE Digital http://www.ge.com/digital/ provides industrial software, control systems and computing platforms, enabled by the Industrial Internet, to optimize our customers’ assets, processes and equipment. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Join our team and mission to help our customers grow the profitability of their businesses through high performance solutions for today’s connected world. You will find opportunities to use your skills and expertise to work across industries including power, manufacturing, water, mining, oil & gas, defense and aerospace. From helping cities deliver clean drinking water for their citizens to ensuring food safety at a food and beverage manufacturer we are working on things that matter each and every day. If you're a highly motivated self-starter who brings leadership and imagination to your work then start the conversation with GE, the company with a long history of solving the world's toughest problems.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: This role is highly technical, driven in support of a SAAS platform as both a dedicated and as a cloud provider. This role is expected to be willing to gain deep knowledge in various technologies and applications while applying previous knowledge and understanding. This role expects a self-starting eagerness to learn and execute tasks with minimal direct supervision.
Essential Responsibilities: • Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Enterprise and in-house developed business applications
• Work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of Data Scientists and Software Developers to determine technology needs and solutions
• Focus on both infrastructure and software aspects of operating systems and application maintenance to deliver optimum platform performance and responsibility
• Develop automated utilities with shell scripting
• Perform remote software and hardware installations and upgrades
• Create and refine repeatable processes
• Update internal and external documentation on the deployment and infrastructure of supporting commercial software
• Prioritize work among varied tasks, projects, and deadlines
• Determines future growth requirements of the applications in areas such as database size, number of end-users and application functionality; work with other information technology professionals to address application capacity needs.
• Performs lead work over other information technology professionals or performs project management duties.
• Current, professional level experience implementing and maintaining Enterprise wide applications, databases, and servers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university
• Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time
Desired Characteristics: • Demonstrated experience with Microsoft products including Powershell, SharePoint, SQL, System Center, Hyper-V, and/or Clusters
• Additional experience in a software development or data science environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills; a passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• Detail-oriented, hands-on mentality, well organized, and display good time-management skills
• Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements
• Interest in hobby/personal hardware, IT, or programming projects
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.