Business Segment: Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Location(s): Czech Republic ; Prague
About Us: At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Role Summary: Stress/Strength and Life Analysis team is responsible for assuring that engine meets all stress, vibration and life requirements imposed by technical specifications, design practices and certification requirements. Team participates in projects and provides support to other functions in Engineering Department including Design, Systems and Chief Engineering Organization.
Essential Responsibilities: The Engineering Team Leader demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. Specific tasks may include but are not limited to:
· Provide leadership and technical direction to a small team for a specific program / project to meet specific objectives;
· Establish the technical requirements, objectives, timing, resources and funding required and assuring conformance to standards and specifications;
· Manage the program / project, provide technical guidance and mentoring as necessary;
· Execute plans to achieve goals, effectively communicating results to the customer and document the results;
· Independently execute plans and advanced analytical tasks to achieve program goals, effectively communicating results to the customer and documenting the results.
· Bachelor's/Master's degree in Engineering , Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science (or equivalent in knowledge/experience;
· Significant experience in stress&life engineering position;
· Good proficiency in English.
Desired Characteristics: · Project management and team organization experience;
· Strong oral and written communication skills;
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
· Comprehensive program management skills;
· Ability to influence others and create cohesive groups.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.