Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Hungary ; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: The Sr Software Engineer will be reporting into the Digital Connect group in GE Digital and responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation activities of contemporary middleware integration solutions to enable reliable flow of information across different enterprise applications & ERP systems. The integration platforms include ORACLE SOA Suite, Fusion Middleware and Cloud Integration platform – DellBoomi..
Essential Responsibilities: • Works on one or more middleware integration tasks with different integration technology platforms.
• Work in a global team environment and take complete ownership of the technical aspects in the project.
• Responsible for managing all the deliverables in the Integration development life cycle such as requirements specification, high level/detail design, source code development, test data etc.
• Work with and guide vendor team members as appropriate.
• Conduct peer reviews for integration deliverables
• Submit and manage the change controls required for code deployment in various environments.
• Participate in design & code review activities, guide development teams.
• Coordinates and facilitates design/development related discussions.
• Works closely with business and technical teams on the projects, from initial analysis through implementation and transition to production support teams.
• Understands and ensures adherence to the Integration governance processes, standards.
Qualifications/Requirements: • BS Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent
• Strong IT development experience
• Strong experience in ORACLE SOA Suite (11g/R12) or ORACLE FUSION middleware, Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle BPM Suite product
• Experience in delivering complex Digital Connect Integration projects with ERP and cloud applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Analytic, creative and business-focused problem solver
• Drive to learn new technology and build in-depth expertise
• Self-organization and time management skills
Desired Characteristics: • Exposure to cloud integration technology platforms such as Dell Boomi, ORACLE ICS
• Experience in working with globally distributed development teams, in different time zones
• Experience with process quality methodology
• Experience in middleware platform administration, upgrade, patching and installations
• Experience in integrating with one or more ERP systems (SAP, Oracle)
• Experience/knowledge of relational databases like ORACLE, SQL, DB2
• Experience in Web Based development, JAVA, HTM programming
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.