Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Hungary ; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: The Sr Technical Product Manager (Technical) will be reporting into digital Connect Group and responsible for managing the integration product development projects engagements with the stakeholders, collaborating with a globally distributed team of GE employees and contractors. He/she will follow the Digital Connect standards etstablish and track the project engagements through the entire project lifecycle
Essential Responsibilities: • Manages all aspects Integration product delivery engagement process
• Collaborate with GE employees and contractors to define the engagement, effort estimates, project proposals
• Manages Integration project delivery engagement tasks, issue resolution and communication across project execution teams in order to manage the engagement successfully.
• Develops, sells and implements comprehensive engagement plans, encompassing project team structure and resource assignment, implementation, testing and training plans, creation of a control plan identifying both business process metrics and IT platform quality requirements and ensuring successful transition to support and maintenance teams
• Responsible for regular integration project delivery engagement status updates to all the project stakeholders
• Learn and understand GE Digital Integration project management related processes and tools.
• Identifies critical path decisions, makes recommendations and influences program leaders and business process owners to maximize project payback
• Work with and assist Digital Connect PMO team to identify and implement process improvements, establish tools and standards.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Qualifications/Requirements: • BS Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent
• IT experience of with technical project management experience
• Knowledge of software development life cycle, Service Oriented Architecture and project management methodologies (Agile, waterfall, scrum etc..)
• Experience with one or more of the project management tools such as MS Project, Rally, ALM, Smartsheet etc..
• Broad understanding of n-tier application architecture
• Experience with process quality methodology and tools
• Demonstrated project management skills including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication
• Project management experience in global environments
• Awareness of and ability to deliver compliance requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization
• Demonstrated ability to excel in a global matrix organization
• Strong leadership skills
• Analytic, creative and business focused problem solver
Desired Characteristics: • Experience of working with PMO, process improvement techniques
• Experience with defect management tools such as Quality Center
• Black Belt certified
• Leadership Training Program Experience (IMLP, OMLP, FMP)
• Lean experience
• PMP / ITIL certified
• Experience with SOA/cloud application Integration projects
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.