Vice President – Commercial Finance & Capital Markets
GE Global Growth Organization
Posted 1/24/2017 4:14:37 PM
Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Greater China
Location(s): China ; BeiJing; Beijing
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Essential Responsibilities: • Being a member of GE China Commercial Finance & Capital Markets (CFCM) team, closely work with the business commercial teams to anticipate pro-actively customer/project financing needs. Collaborate with GE businesses to meet their objectives in supporting projects in need of third-party financing, GE balance sheet support, and/or financial advisory support.
• Lead deal execution supporting all GE industrial businesses in the greater China region and direct export business driven by financing sourced from the region
• Ability to analyze credit & market risks, lead in the preparation of external (Information Memoranda) and internal documentation (pricing models, credit requests and board papers); provide useful market intelligence for decision making, structuring and pricing in order to win transactions and develop markets.
• Originate customer & project financing opportunities and initiate structuring of financing solutions. Lead the underwriting effort pulling in expertise from the broader GE financing team.
• Lead projects independently. Lead the underwriting effort pulling in expertise from the functional teams in tax, accounting, legal and operations. Advise on and structure transactions where GE is taking direct risk; either on Corporate or Project Finance basis.
• Leverage GE internal expertise (ECA, Project & Structured Finance) as well GE Capital specific products.
Qualifications/Requirements: • MBA/University level degree and/or GE FMP graduate, Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the financial services industry, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in credit and risk analysis in a role of increasing responsibilities and accountability
• Strong experience in commercial lending activities such as Corporate Lending, Credit Insurance, Export (ECA) & Project Finance, Trade Finance (documentary credits, forfaiting & factoring)
• Experience in market/business development would be a key asset in order to lead market/opportunities sizing & scoping for deal origination purposes.
• Proven leadership and deal origination / execution skills with extensive experience working closely with Senior Management Teams.
• Ability to execute and negotiate small & large, complex deals with different customer/risk profiles.
• Proven knowledge of China & ability to work in an emerging / growth market environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin Chinese.
• Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a must.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.