Business Segment: Energy Connections Grid Solutions
Location(s): Romania ; Bucharest
About Us: Desired Knowledge & Experience
• Strong leadership and communication skills to drive project testing
• ISTQB Certified • Advanced experience with test management tools (DevTrack, Jira, HP/Mercury Quality Center, etc.)
• Experience in complex project environments
• Ability to relate and communication in distributed project team
• Experience in customer interface
• Experience in energy management industry or equivalent industrial software industries
• Highly collaborative and able to work across the organization to accomplish common goals
• Ability to drive change
Role Summary: The Solution Test Management function is at the cornerstone of the new global Software Delivery (SWD) organization which is being created into the Software Solutions (SWS) product line. In a nutshell, the mission of the Solution Test Manager is to ensure customer project acceptance through excellence in Solution Test Strategy, Planning and Monitoring and is part of a global team located in various geographies and serving Transmission, Distribution, Market Systems and O&G Software Solutions.
Essential Responsibilities: The Global Test Management function is newly created to recognize the need to have a professional approach for test management within the SWS organization and as a result improve project delivery qualities and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Own project test management lifecycle from the design phase through execution, tracking and monitoring of the test strategy, test plans and traceability matrix
• Establish and drive testing techniques, integration testing and customer focused testing processes and procedures
• Collect, evaluate and publish quality/test metrics and test results to the project team and stakeholders
• Ensure delivered project are fit for release through ‘FAT Readiness’ and ‘SAT Readiness’ Gate Reviews and timely production and approval of FAT/SAT documentation
• Have Full Responsibility of FAT and SAT execution (directly or through supervision of teams) under the control of the Delivery Manager and proactively ensuring that all systems setup and configuration tasks are complete to achieve solution acceptance by customer
• Contribute to Risk and Opportunity identification
• Write test plan and test procedures
• Might be called to execute testing
• Ensure overall project quality standards are met
• Manage or supervise project defect fix process, tracking and monitoring in collaboration with the Delivery Manager and in relation with Product Development
• Identify defects for closer analysis by means of RCA, participate in those reviews and drive preventive action plan.
• Collaborate with Product development through contributions into the industrialization process focusing on overall test efficiency and product quality
o Contribute to Product Development test strategy and test plans
o Ensure product documentation and especially system and detailed product tests procedures are including operation oriented information and are up to date in Delivery document referential
o Ensure return of experience from Delivery projects on test management are conveyed to Product Management and Product Development leaders for inclusion into the PLCM
o Liaise with Product Development for defect Root Cause Analysis and preventive action plan
o Up to date test procedures from Product Development to Regional Software Delivery teams
• Collaborate with tendering function globally so that our standard tendering documentation related to Test execution and management policy, standards, best practices is perceived as best in class by customers – make it as a differentiator to buy GE
• Drive excellence in test and defect management through continuous improvement and standardization and compliance of processes and tools across the geographies • Ensure knowledge capitalization and dissemination of test management knowledge across the teams. Work as coach/mentor to develop less experienced testing staff • Serve as recognized expert on testing initiatives across the Delivery organization
• At least bachelor degree in computer science or similar
• Strong testing experience in software delivery organizations, mainly in operations with system/solution testing and customer acceptance testing • Experience in test management and defect management aspects related to computer systems
• Experience in solution testing and non-functional testing
• Advanced knowledge of testing methodologies and techniques
• Need English advanced level
Desired Characteristics: Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.