Location(s): United States; New Hampshire; Hooksett
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Essential Responsibilities: Position may include assignments in Production, Development Manufacturing, Inspection, and/or Manufacturing/Plant Support business environments. Job tasks may include:
• Setting-up and operating inspection and/or manufacturing tools/equipment such as conventional electrical discharge machines, grinders, precision assembly devices, peen, heat treat, plasma spray, orbital weld, forming, cutting, cleaning, brazing, and that which is used in non-destructive test applications and part inspection verification processes, etc.
• Performing basic mathematical calculations, using precision gages/fixtures and inspection measuring equipment and interpreting mechanical blueprints, sketches, engineering specifications and drawings, etc., in order to determine set-ups and operations necessary to complete job tasks.
• Providing environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality and/or production flow job duties associated with plant machinery, equipment and/or property.
• Maintaining detailed job task documentation and records.
Qualifications/Requirements: High School Dipoma or GED Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a technical-related field from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 3-months experience; OR
High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 2-years of experience in manufacturing, mechanical engineering, fabrication, inspection, maintenance, environmental, health and/or safety disciplines; OR
Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 18-months of experience in manufacturing, mechanical engineering, fabrication, inspection, maintenance, environmental, health and/or safety disciplines.
• Demonstrated experience in use of gages/machine tool measuring equipment.
• Experience in non-destructive test inspection disciplines and procedures.
• Experience in the operation of maintenance tools and/or equipment with working knowledge of the associated functional procedures.
• Experience in Lean Six Sigma fundamentals.
• Demonstrated use of oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in use of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or web-based systems.
• Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others, and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables.
• Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards.
Note: Must commit to obtaining and retaining certifications and/or licenses as required by position assignment
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.