About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: This position is responsible for the operational excellence vis-à-vis governance, administration & support of the technologies that comprise the Massively Parallel Processing database in the GE Power Data Lake environment. The environment supports data consumption from Reporting Applications, Micro Services and downstream integrations which are used 24x7x365 by 1000+ users globally.
Essential Responsibilities: The availability & accuracy of the environment is imperative across the GE Power organization towards ensuring seamless Finance quarter close, Key process indicators & Metrics for FS Operations review, daily operations for Parts Supply Chain & other critical business functions.
• Governance of the Greenplum environment that comprises GE Power Data lake via regular reviews of data base design & code, Guidance & check for adherence to best practices and standards to project team as well as Act as Gate-keeper to the environment by communicating non-compliance to project team
• Monitor and prioritize the open issues to expedite closure and serve as an IM point of contact for escalation on all matters related to Data Lake, and provide for L3/L4 level support when needed
• Being Hands-on with the technologies in terms of development, troubleshooting & guiding others to achieve desired optimal outcomes
• Administer Greenplum environment, develop automation capabilities on the environment, build Greenplum platform performance monitoring tools and capabilities as well as Troubleshoot & Tune Business processes & Poorly Performing queries on the environment
• Work strategically to Benchmark & test new tools as well as provide Technology options towards meeting customer outcomes
• Develop and maintain relationships with business partners, project teams, key strategic vendors and peers
• Develop peer, cross-functional & cross-GE business relationships to maximize best practice sharing & team effectiveness, also participates in Data Governance Council
• Responsible for preparing/partaking related communications for system outages, releases
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited College or University (or a High School Diploma / GED with experience in the application of information technologies to business solutions)
• Significant experience in Hands on Development, IT operations & change management with business systems, including working with all aspects of the systems development life cycle (requirements through implementation)
• Significant experience with Big Data tools and methodologies
• Hands on experience implementing Big Data Solutions both in an on-prem and on the cloud using AWS, Azure etc.,
• Experience managing petabyte scale data infrastructure
• Hands on experience with Massively Parallel Processing Databases such as Greenplum or Similar experience managing 200TB+ of data in Postgres, Netezza, Oracle Exadata databases
• Familiarity with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Cognos, Spotfire
• Familiarity with Data As A Service (DaaS) using tools such as Talend, Informatica, Boomi
• Clear & strategic thinker: strong problem solving skills; good business acumen; recognizes & addresses systemic issues, leverages & shares best practices
• Exposure to a service environment, ITIL process
• Capacity to act as strong team player; ability to work on a virtual team without direct supervision
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills
• Capable and influential at program management and business process improvements
Desired Characteristics: • ITLP Graduate and/or Black Belt / Green Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification
• Enterprise-level experience implementing and maintaining BI platforms
• Self-motivated, and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Hands on Technical Architect
• Business Intelligence Certifications
• AWS Experience
• Experience working in a global team environment with members working remotely in various time zones
• Ability to influence and gain commitment at all organizational levels
• Strong prioritization, quantitative and analytical skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently; formulate clear and concise objectives and plan
• Process focus with a keen sense for driving standardization and simplification
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.