Senior User Interface Designer
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 1/24/2017 12:02:18 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Technology & Medical Innovation
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The User Interface Designer works within global, cross-functional product development teams to optimize the design of software interfaces by applying domain expertise in visual and interaction design techniques, and an awareness of user needs derived through formal research. The product solutions must satisfy functional and emotional needs of internal and external stakeholders, and improve quality, cost, and access metrics associated with healthcare and medical device solutions.
This position is accountable for achieving quality objectives, meeting project schedules and budgets, driving effective execution of concepts through product commercialization by collaborating with engineering and design teams, creating and executing user experience strategies across hardware, software, and services solutions, and escalating issues to management when required.Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Proactively understanding the unmet needs of customers and end users by participating in formal research activities across all phases of the product lifecycle.
• Applying the results of user research toward creating intuitive, functional, and visually appealing user interfaces. Representative deliverables include workflows, wireframe UI designs, and interactive UI prototypes.
• Creating and executing design principles to ensure cohesiveness of UI workflow and visual aesthetic across the GE Healthcare portfolio.
• Collaborating with software engineering teams to create and execute platform-level architecture strategies and software development toolkits that enable implementation of established design principles.
• Translating concepts and prototypes into formal design requirements and specifications documents.
• Collaborating across relevant stakeholders to balance user, business, and technical requirements, and to ensure that design recommendations are incorporated within commercialized products.
• Serving as a thought leader and consulting resource for visual and interaction design techniques.
• Working with Quality & Regulatory teams and with external standards committees to ensure medical regulatory requirements are integrated within the product development process.
• Defining project plans and managing ongoing execution of projects. Representative deliverables include project schedules, resource allocation, and budgets. Projects will incorporate a mix of internal staff and external consultants.
• Acting as a leader and mentor of others on the design team by creating opportunities for them to apply, grow, and showcase their skills.
• Graduation or post-graduation in interaction design or similar discipline from a reputed institute
• Minimum 5 years of progressive experience as an interaction designer
• Track record of delivering conceptual and detail design and strong sense of aesthetics
• Experience of going through of complete development cycle
• Demonstrated ability to multitask, manage competing priorities, and work within a structured process.
• Strong communications (written and verbal), negotiation, and problem solving skills.
• Strong level of self-motivation and ability to work independently.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%, including overnight stays.
• Expert in the use of interaction design tools such as such as Photoshop, illustrator, UI prototyping tool etc.
P.R.C. (Country) Specific Qualifications:
• Must be legally authorized to work in China full-time
• Must be willing to relocate to our Shanghai, CTC facility and work full-time
• Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com (or COS if internal) to be considered
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
In addition to base qualifications:
• Experience working within the consumer electronics and/or healthcare/medical devices sectors.
• Experience working within global, cross-functional teams.
• Track record of developing and executing design languages and user experiences
• Portfolio demonstrating successful examples of conceptual designs, detail design, prototypes, and final commercialized products.
• Use of interaction design prototyping tools, familiar with HTML5 code
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai