About Us: In 2001 Power business established its new site in Veresegyház with 1500 employees, and we provide the following activities: assembly of industrial gas turbines and gas-powered containers, production and renovation of burnspace– and turbine stator components. Furthermore, we also are a global spare-parts distributor in nearly all countries. If you want to be a part of this business’s young and dynamic team, and you want to have international career, don’t hesitate to apply today!
Role Summary: We are currently forming a team that will work on innovative application in a startup mode within a corporate environment. The team will work on creating innovative cutting edge solutions for the Power Services Global Operations business. The team will comprise of highly motivated full time (=nappali tagozatos) students pursuing their degrees from the top universities in Hungary.
Essential Responsibilities: What do we offer:
• Becoming familiar with enterprise standards, ERP systems and cutting edge technologies like AWS, Predix.io, iOS, Android, BIG DATA.
• Possibility to try yourself in front end, back end, business analyst, project manager roles
• Personal mentor and exposure to senior professionals
• Frequent feedback and appreciation regarding performance
• Longer term opportunities to secure a permanent career within GE Digital Technology Leadership Program or junior roles.
• Understanding on more industries beyond your parent business
• Being part of a broad intern community of 30+ members
• Availability of trainings and professional literature to learn from
• Competitive salary and additional benefits,
• Cutting edge development devices
• Flexible working hours in modern workplace with potential home-office opportunity
• Participation in CSR activities
• In-house communities, Women's network etc.
• Company Discounts in several places
In this role, you will have a chance to gain and leverage experience in back end and/or front end application development as well as UX design using the latest technologies. You will also get opportunity to build things for the future on emerging platforms like wearable, Oculus, hololens and drones etc.
• Working in small development pod as Frontend or Backend developer on designing and implementing software solutions for various platforms and devices.
• Learn about new technologies, evaluate if they are a good fit for our tech stack
• Research and pilot emerging / innovative technologies and solutions.
• Collaborate with business and cross-functional team members to translate requirements into working solutions
• Ensure compliance with PW architecture, security and technology standards
• Ongoing full time (=nappali tagozatos) studies with bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Experience in working with database technologies
• Knows about basic infrastructure needed to run a web or mobile application
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and has experience working with others on a global basis
• Strong Communication skills and fluency in English is a must
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.