GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
The Data Engineer is responsible for developing innovative solutions to migrate critical ERP Finance data from GE Business platforms to the Finance Data Lake platform for analytics and reporting. The candidate should have strong Oracle/SAP ERP techno-functional development experience focusing on Finance along with ETL expertise in data integrations, data analysis, and data manipulation. Essential Responsibilities:
• Hands-on experience with ERP SQL development in Finance, Supply Chain modules focused on creating functions, stored procedures etc.
• Have a strong understanding of ERP table structures to drive optimal data integration
• Design and develop ELT/ETL Strategy, Logic, Job Chain Design and scheduling
• Analyze data models, create and optimize data ingestion processes for the Data Lake through ETL technologies like data replication and scripting with Talend, Greenplum etc.
• Ability to query data both in source and destination and anticipate corrective measures; measure and publish data migration metrics on a sustainable basis
• Good team player, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of architects and developers to reach optimal resolution and maintain strong relationships
• Ensures that plans for assigned applications integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical infrastructure Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Finance or Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
• Work experience in Oracle/SAP ERP systems focusing on Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing.
• Prior experience in ETL and Big Data Technologies like Talend, Hadoop, Greenplum, HVR & HIVE
• Strong programming experience in SQL, writing stored procedures, functions etc. Desired Characteristics:
• Prior exposure to high volume data strategies like replication, performance tuning
• Manages his/her own daily activities of issue resolution and communication across project execution teams in order to deliver projects on-time, and on-budget
• Strong attention to detail
• Work effectively with project managers to understand and deliver on project requirements and deadlines