Business Segment: Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
Location(s): Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia; Budapest
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: The Digital Technology Leadership Program (DTLP) offers those with a passion for building game-changing software and information technology platforms an opportunity to grow their leadership skills, business acumen and technical skills while building a career with unlimited potential. Program members lead by doing, gaining real-world experience by working on important and challenging projects alongside some of the brightest technical minds in the world.
Essential Responsibilities: Program Highlights: Full-time, two-year program where program members work with GE businesses alongside experts in various locations; Program members are typically a key pipeline for future leaders of GE's global product community; 3-4 rotational assignments; Global classroom experience and virtual coursework in advanced software and technology focused training, leadership, and business acumen; learning related to innovative new products and platforms; Experience working in cross-functional teams and with different GE businesses.
Qualifications/Requirements: • A Bachelors Degree in CIS, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security, ITM, Informatics, Information Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, MIS, Security and Risk Analysis or relevant STEM majors with experience in Software or IT.
• Must be geographically mobile as requested by the business.
• Strong analytical and technical skills.
• A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for both software and information technology.
• Up to date with current industry standards and trending software and information technology development tools.
Desired Characteristics: • Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in software, IT or relevant area.
• Solves technical challenges through regular application of common design patterns, and identify appropriate patterns for use in problem solving.
• Effective use of data structures and algorithms.
• Ability to understand coding standards that meet and deliver desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Strong customer focus, ability to understand the value proposition for the customer and commitment to deliver the best value proposition.
• Ability to understand how businesses solve problems in specific domain areas using technology.
• Able to engage positively across multiple departments and businesses to establish clarity, vision, and mutual trust in order to achieve business goals.
• Demonstrated program / project management skills working on and leading teams.
• Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms.
• Contributes to creative solutions and challenges the status quo.
• Proactively learns new tools and identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes their adoption.
Locations: Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia; Budapest
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.