GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
The Business Analyst will work as part of the Finance Data Lake Ops team and will be responsible
for troubleshooting and providing innovative solutions to internal GE customers on the Data Lake
platform for analytics and reporting. The candidate should have strong ERP expertise with data,
data analysis, and data manipulation as well as a fundamental understanding of Finance modules
like AP, AR, GL, Fixed Assets, Orders, etc. Essential Responsibilities:
• Engage with GE Business customers to gather ongoing enhancement requirements within the
Finance Data Lake platform, resolve data issues and provide solutions for reporting and Data-as-a-
• Responsible for enhancement and modification of PL/SQL scripts, towards production support
and maintenance as required, based on application criticality.
• Works closely with teams and individuals to ensure data from source systems is extracted
accurately to target systems.
• Ability to query data both in source and destination and anticipate corrective measures.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of
personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
• Develops migration and implementation plans, and may support projects based on these
• Review application performance and proactively monitors performance.
• Ensures that plans for assigned applications integrate effectively with other aspects of the Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or other technical / IT field,
OR relevant IT work experience
• Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) 11i/R12 or SAP FICO
• Strong Functional & Technical knowledge of iProcurement, Purchasing, Accounts Payables,
General Ledger and Cash Management, Human Resource modules
• Strong experience in ERP Development, Testing, Implementations including
interfaces, coding techniques, functions, stored procedures etc.
• Strong database experience with developing and debugging PL/SQL
• Prior exposure to Data Warehousing, Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Big Data technologies
• Prior experience with reporting tools like Tableau, OBIEE etc.
• Strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively
evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to
• Certified in ITIL or Six Sigma.
• Flexible, Change oriented, willing to learn new technologies and keep up with a dynamic environment