About Us: GE Oil & Gas
fuels the future. We
push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil
and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve
today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to
bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from
exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The
deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the
more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster,
simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or
environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market
quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we
can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to
fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas Role Summary:
The Service Center Repair Technician operates products repair, dismantle, assembly, testing and other duties associated to the service center. The Service Center Repair Technician reports to Service Center Manager. Essential Responsibilities:
• Independently tests, repair, dismantle, assembly Electric Submersible Pump (ESP) system for motors, protectors, intakes and pumps compliance to applicable procedures and owns the quality and performance of assigned equipment.
• Machines, polishes and inspection repair parts.
• Welding as per specifications.
• Ensure equipment and tooling working safety and in good condition.
• Utilizes initiative and independent judgment in the performance of daily work tasks.
• Completes repair documentation and reports.
• Provides strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals and objectives.
• The service center engineer is responsible for installation, troubleshooting in the field according to business need.
• Other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by business needs and as assigned by management.
• Complies with all GE district policies and standards.
• Keep EHS training on track.
• Stop any operation and contacts supervisor for any operation deemed too hazardous to proceed.
• Stops any process and controls further processing, delivery, or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency has been corrected.
• Reports hazardous situations, incidents and non-conformance as per relevant GE standards. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Associates degree (or local equivalent 2-year degree), or a High School diploma (or local equivalent) and 2 or more years’ technical experience.
• Electric Submersible Pump system (ESP) knowledge and working experience is preferred.
• Vocational training and experience in mechanical/machine/ electrical/welding/inspection.
• Hand tools skills.
• English ability is preferred.
• Computer skills.
• Good Communication skills and teamwork. Desired Characteristics:
Internal candidates will be prefered. Locations:
China; TianJin; Tianjin