- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 12/10/2016 8:48:53 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment:
Location(s): Japan; Kariwa
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Main responsibilities for the design engineer are (1) designs and design modifications/improvements of control valves based on the required specifications by customers, (2) related document creations, and (3) other assigned engineering works. In Kariwa engineering, maintaining on-time delivery and good quality, and enhancing cost-out projects are at the top of the list of priorities.
"The candidate in this role will have the following essential responsibilities:
• Complete designs, documents and/or other assigned engineering works of control valves to satisfy customers' required specifications with good quality and on-time delivery
• Communicate appropriately with other engineers and groups to proceed responsible tasks
• Provide technical supports to customers at quotation, design, maintenance, repair, and overhaul processes in a timely manner
• Contribute to global engineering projects (cost-out projects, new product developments, design standardization etc.) and metrics (on-time delivery, quality, non-conformance, etc.)"
"• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Physics from an accredited university, college, or polytechnic. Electrical/Materials/Chemical Engineering or equivalent degrees are also considered as candidates based on personal experience.
• Experience in communicating with customers over technical items
• Basic reading and writing skills in English
• Have an interest in control valve designs
• Active collaboration with other engineers and groups "
"• Experience in Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
• Experience in Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulation
• Experience in manufacturing operation environment
• Experience in working with global teams and customers
• Experience in communicating with customers over technical items including writing a report
• Technical knowledge of control valves
• Oral communication skills in English
• Willingness and ability to travel to customers' sites when needed"
Locations: Japan; Kariwa