Lead Field Engineer/Technician – Power Delivery
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:03:05 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
Location(s): Canada; Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan; Edmonton, Northern BC, Saskatchewan, Fort St John
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Lead Field Engineer/Technician will provide technical and business leadership to support customer’s power delivery needs. The person will have a high level of electrical and mechanical expertise, be capable of quoting, planning, leading and executing power delivery work with the highest level of safety & environmental compliance, understand business profitability, and develop great customer relationships.
This role requires strong hands-on power delivery service experience, electrical and mechanical skills, leadership, business acumen and highly effective communication skills to perform some or all of:
• Test, commission, program, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, retrofit and install high and low voltage power system equipment, with particular strength in relay capability, test, commission, troubleshoot, upgrade, retrofit various types of protection and control for high voltage protection systems.
• Test, commission, troubleshoot, repair, erect, upgrade, vacuum-fill various sizes and types of transformers from 900MVA GSU to 1000kVA dry type. Familiarity with load tap changers and/or VOP operation is an asset.
• Test, commission, troubleshoot, repair, erect, upgrade, various switchgear and voltage ratings.
• Develop service work scopes and estimates for customers.
• Schedule and execute jobs on-time and on-budget with world-class quality.
• Plan, coordinate, lead and direct activities for self and team to maximize productivity, utilization and profitability.
• Guide, mentor and develop employees to improve their leadership, job management and technical skills.
• Understand customer and market dynamics and implement strategy consistent with GE objectives.
• Own the business results of the team.
• Reach out to customers to grow service opportunities. Work closely with our sales team to maintain, develop and expand customer base.
• Identify and implement cost and process improvements and standardization to continuously improve cost productivity.
• 5+ years proven track record servicing some or all of the following equipment - switchgears, breakers, relays, transformers. Experience performing maintenance on 600V-15KV.
• Familiarity with environmental protection procedures and basic electrical safety practices
• Make a work site and site activities safe for self and all other members of the site team
• Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on capability
• Ability to understand documented instructions, procedures and electrical drawings, and develop the same
• Well organized
• Familiar with test equipment and testing procedures for power delivery
• Computer literate
• Excellent English written and oral skills
• Ability to travel locally and nationally, work overtime/weekends and respond to weekend and off-hours service requests as required
• Engineer or Technician or Certified Electrical Technician/Technologist or Journeyman Electrician, with proven experience
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the country in which the position is located.
• Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time
• Proven track record leading a power delivery team
• Outgoing self-starter who has the initiative and drive to make things happen quickly, and will own the business results
• Ability to work independently and lead a team with a minimum of supervision
• Excellent team player and team leader
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, and ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and team members
• Entrepreneurial, customer focused with ability to generate work and develop strong customer relations
• Apply practical application experience and knowledge of electrical power systems to develop and recommend solutions for customers’ power system issues and upgrades
Locations: Canada; Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan; Edmonton, Northern BC, Saskatchewan, Fort St John