Operation Manager - Energy Connection
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 1/23/2017 4:08:44 AM
- Job Function: Business Management
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Grid Solutions
Location(s): Thailand; Bangkok
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for the management of the branch office as well as 1 or more projects according to contractual conditions within schedule and budget allocations.
Responsibilities including organization, planning, scheduling, workload forecasts, revenue recognition & planning, cash & invoicing, budget preparation and estimate/management of resources. Responsible for coordination with technical teams (on-shore or off-shore) to allocate resources, clarify technical issues etc.
(1) Provide support for tender, specification analysis and proposal presentation through customer discussions & feedback on past technical experience and applicable Terms & Conditions
(2) provide cost estimates of all activities related to local operations (manpower, logistics, materials etc)
Local Operations management:
(1) Ensure management & supervision of daily operations of site activities.
(2) Organize local team to meet identified milestones, margin and sales (revenue) targets. Analyze staff training needs and propose relevant action plans.
(3) Evaluate and report staff performance and propose any adjustments on remuneration. Maintain a team spirit and implement all required key performance indicators ensuring systematic reporting.
(1) General planning, scheduling and workload forecasting to optimize allocation of resources to fulfill all contractual requirements in due time including milestones & objectives.
(2) Interface with concerned internal organization for delivery of material/equipment according to schedule.
(3) Organize logistics and procurement of materials and supplies and tools. Check and coordinate with consortium partners and subcontractors if any, for coherence of individual planning in regard to total project.
(1) Analyse offers and recommend potential subcontractors.
(2) Negotiate price & terms & conditions with potential suppliers in coordination with concerned internal organization, if necessary and according to budget allocations. Lunch purchase requests as per internal regulations.
(1) Manage and monitor all projects implementation activities. Support site team members in investigating and resolving field problems in coordination with customers, subcontractors, consortium partners. Anticipate and analyze delays and propose corrective action plans.
(2) Implement local actions required for resolution of major non-quality issues.
(3) Provide feedback of products defects and non-quality issues for future corrections and procurements. Find and propose local solutions to problems. Ensure project adheres to quality and process requirements.
Financial / Budget:
(1) Optimise and monitor projects budgets by allocating adequate resources and if necessary competitive outsourcing.
(2) Control and monitor cash flow and local expenses within budget limits.
(3) Monitor project progress for milestone and monthly progress payments.
(4) Identify potential financial risks and propose corrective plans/actions.
(5) Issue Budget 0 and prepare properly documented Budget Change Requests if and when required. Prepare Sales Plans. Prepare Cash flows.
Information & Reporting:
Ensure succinct and systematic reporting as required to management. General monthly activity progress reports addressing all project/issues with updated project planning, workload forecasts and all required indicators (respect of budget, milestones etc)
(1) Prepare and submit advance program schedule as required. General MoM of monthly progress meetings with customer, if relevant. Organise meetings with customer to discuss and resolve issues if necessary.
(2) Maintain good working relationship with customers, managers and engineers. Provide customer care and ensure permanent customer satisfaction.
Increase awareness of AG solutions, capabilities and expertise through discussions. Report on potential commercial opportunities and communicate any news or events having commercial impact to the concerned internal organization
• University degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
• 8-10 years minimum relevant experience in International Project activities for multi-disciplinary projects with good knowledge of technical and contractual requirements of high voltage electrical Substation Projects.
• PMP certification would be added advantage.
• Knowledge of Electrical networks and technology used in related T&D projects (involving AIS or GIS switchgear, transformers, related cable works etc)
• Ability to lead, manage and organize multiple teams and activities, as well as required staffing, development and training plan for the different teams.
• Skills in planning, resource management, financial and legal/contractual aspects of project management.
• Knowledge of project management tools, software and methodologies such as MS Project, Primavera etc.
• An understanding and appreciation of International Standards (e.g. IEC) as well as local preferences / practices.
• Financial knowledge is desirable, good level of understanding of Profit & loss and financial reports/statements necessary.
• Knowledge of T&D products and systems, especially substations in transmission & distribution networks.
• Good oral / written communication skills in English.
• Time and resource management skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Locations: Thailand; Bangkok